High School STEM Connection
Start your college journey NOW!
High School STEM Connection (HSSC) is a program directed by the STEM Center at Contra Costa Community College. HSSC is a dual enrollment program which allows 9th grade - 11th grade students the opportunity to enroll in college STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) classes while in high school and earn both college units and high school credits.
HSSC Eligibility- To be eligible student must:
- Be in 9th-12th grade during Fall and Spring
- Be in 9th-11th grade during Summer
- Must be a WCCUSD student
- Interested in pursuing a STEM Major/Career
- Must Complete both HSSC application and Metas Application Packets
- Must attend Orientation and all Mandatory Events
Attendance- Student Agrees to:
- Attend ALL required lecture and lab times ON TIME
- Attend ALL required Tutoring times
- Must notify both the STEM center and Professor if you will be absent
Missing 3 or more times of either class and tutoring will lead to immediate disqualification
HSSC Academic Standing- Student Agrees to:
- Maintain a grade of C or higher
- Complete a minimum of 2 Student Success Coach Meetings
- Attend all Metas Saturday Sessions (not required during summer)
Progress Reports- Student Agrees to:
- Turn in a progress report ON TIME!
- Meet with a college counselor if have grade is below a “C”